Gluten-Free Treat- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich!
Posted by ivylau on February 11, 2015 - Leave a comment
I made this gluten-free chocolate chip cookie sandwiches for Valentine’s day, love to share the recipe with you.
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of gluten-free all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix gluten-free all purpose flour, baking soda and xanthan gum together.
3. Cream butter with sugar in a mixing bowl, add egg and vanilla extract. Mixed well, then add dry ingredients, stir until dough is formed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop 1.5 tablespoon of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart and flatten slightly with fingers. Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes or until just slightly brown.
5. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack, then use heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the cookies into heart shape.
6. Wait till the cookies are completely cool, before putting a scoop of ice cream in between two cookies. I used vanilla ice cream this time, but you can use any ice cream of your choice. Or you can try to make this homemade Mango ice-cream (delicious)
7. Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap before putting in the freezer.
“I just tried your gluten free sweet & sour chicken and could not believe how GOOD it is…I can’t wait to try the nuggets and lemon chicken. …”
Carolyn Straaberg (Brentwood, California)
You can also buy our (Ivy’s Garden) Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken, Gluten Free Lemon Chicken and Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets food products online or stores near you. http://www.ivysgardenfood.com/stores-or-online/ or read about our product reviews from other bloggers.